Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hmm should i start posting again

Ok With the 2 Gameworlds settling down somewhat & maybe just maybe having a little more time to relax & enjoy things again, I may just may start adding things to this blog again.

Since the reset of FML i have been in Ramos (Inter Retirement), Almost Retired (Valdaramma & Sanchez) & Dodgy Knee United (Butragueno & Nunez).

I am currently the resident support moderator in both Nunez & Sanchez which does take up quite a bit of time in my evening, with also dealing with cheating & the like from other gameworlds via the Support Moderator login.

My original beta side Inter Retirement is still kicking around in Ramos & after going down the youth route initially in there i am now sitting top 4 in the OFA Championship with a very decent side that allows me to compete. I have also a number of fairly decent youth players coming through so i should be able to maintain this position without much effort. Stadium is 3/4 finished & paid for so money coming in realistically is just for squad building/wages.

The Almost Retired side is now in the OFA Premiership in Sanchez, A gameworld i was transferred to after starting in Valderamma. I joined late (season 3 or 4 iirc) but did things gradually & the only thing holding me back in there is my stadium, I think i need a 30k+ stadium but up to now my money has gone on squad development. But i am in a decent position & should all being well manage to hold my own in the premiership in the season that started last night & in turn plow this money into my stadium.

The Dodgy Knee United side sat dormant until June when i was added into Butragueno & after a couple of seasons was moved over to the last gameworld that was opened Nunez, Coming towards the end of season 4 i currently sit mid table in the TFA premiership with a very average side, BUT i have quite a number of quality youth players coming through which should more than allow me to compete long term. Nunez has been a little busy & after 4 seasons we have seen SI remove over 60 sides for varying reasons (cheating/abuse etc) which has been quite a grind in all honesty, Hopefully now though it will begin to settle down & allow the mod team & myself to push on with the community side of things.

The moderating side does have its ups & downs & i have been close a number of times recently to stepping down, But normally after a night out on the beer with the lads i come to round & sort things out. Sometimes a small break is all that is needed to recharge the batteries, Ive also gone back playing football this season with Rossendale Amateurs & due to this i do tend to disappear most Saturdays :) & even though i ache for a week afterwards i am thoroughly enjoying it, Just need the results to improve.

I will hopefully find other things to post on this blog over the coming days/weeks/months

ttfn

Nick


5 comments:

Electric Sheep said...

Very interesting read mate, I liked how you managed to interweve FML with real life stuff as well :D

John Peters said...

finally decided to write on this awesome blog :D will look forward to reading more in the future!

Rik said...

About time!! :p

Martin White said...

I think it would be great to have you return to the mix.

There is certainly an increase in blogs of late Im not sure what is causing the increase but bring it on is what I say.

Rik said...

Deffo Martin. Well up for it :)