Tuesday 19 January 2010

About Time

So its been hectic in recent months, Both in game & real world. But hopefully i should now start getting a bit more time to update this blog again, I have on numerous occasions made notes to turn into an update but by the time i got round to typing it up they were out of date.


Plenty of things have changed since my last post. S.I have announced all gameworlds will be reset & are now working towards altering quite a lot of how the game works to save the future of FML. So far the signs are looking good & i am sure there will an announcement regarding all the changes soon enough.


I now seem to spend quite a lot of time in both Muhren & Miller with my sides in Shearer,Hoddle (moved from Keane) & Coppell taking a back seat. I have set the Hoddle account to deactivate, Which will hopefully allow me more time to spend elsewhere. But i think it may be June before the subscription will lapse.


In Muhren there has been quite a lot of changes, Before the announcement was made we had just merged quite a number of the original F.A.s due to lower numbers. Then due to the announcement we lost around a third of the active users we had & felt the need to redo the F.A.s again. The orgs & most of the gameworld felt this was the best way forward & they put plenty of effort in during the Christmas break which seemed to pass a few groucho's in the gameworld, who were looking to complain about anything & everything. But the 1st season has ended under these new F.A.s & everyone now seems quite happy with the results.


Personally i joined the Fun F.A. which is a combination of the teams who have reset & the same nation squads, Both sections lost & gained new teams during the pre season break & it does look like it will be another close run set of leagues. I missed out winning the League of Nations by 1 point in the end, Coneheads pipped me in their final game with an 89Th minute equaliser, Well Done Mr. A1, i will be back challenging this season again :). I think a lot of sides have improved their squads so it may be a lot closer this time round (top 6 were separated by about 6 points). I'm having a weeks break now (1st time off in over 12 months moderating) so see you all in game in a week.


In Shearer my young side set off very slowly but did settle towards the end & a great run into the end of the season should get me a silver cup spot for next season. I do have a bit of money to spend & have so far brought in a young DC & i am also attempting to build my final u17 squad without going silly on wages, youths still going for 10k+ even tho it should be more about fun at this stage. I did manage to win the u19 youth gold cup this season (beating Brian's Bungy Rovers in the final) after losing heavily in the u21 version a season back. I do feel i can run this side until reset though without really doing anything with it (something S.I. are looking at changing). I do still have Zezinho playing for me as well, He was part of my initial squad when the gameworld started in november 2008 & he does run my midfield.


I moved to Hoddle after yet another pester from Rik, He had been on about me playing there for a few months & with a heavy heart i left Keane & the friends i had made in there behind. I built an all Brazilian squad & joined the RFA fa. After a weeks worth of qualifying leagues i had managed to do diddly squat & ended up in the championship. The 2 week worth of league games over & i finished in the top 10. Added a couple of decent players & brought in an entire youth squad, I do need to go in & see how they are getting on. Sad news though on my brief visit on Sunday was the news that Rik had decided to call it a day regarding his moderating role. Rik had always put more than enough effort in & i feel this is a big loss no only to the gameworld but to the entire moderating team. Good luck Rik I'm sure you will still be playing & active somewhere.


Coppell is still the only gameworld where i tend to go on for a few hours a week, Partly down to time partly down to lack of users, But seeing as Coppell & Horton have been merged & there are now more users about, I may try & spend a few more hours in there than i normally would. I have a semi decent side that generates me around 2million a season & with me being in the cfa i don't really have any issues with losing out on prize money due to offline penalties. So i don't really have much to do whilst in game. Pop in play any games (live or AI) i can & sign back out. Season finishes pop in everyday & bid on players to improve my squad. Job done !

Miller this is the gameworld where i tend to go to & unwind, Either down to Guido's quiz or just the general relaxed feel about the gw (i may have blinkers on). I do enjoy the time i spend in game, Assessing youths to add to my u17s squad, I don't bid blind anymore after bidding high on what turned out to be very low potential (tbh though i have renewed them both at wage demand due to how well they have played). I have currently found a few 3.5* pot youths & got them at £200 i am hoping to discover a few real gems though. The introduction of academy's hasn't yet stopped the silly spending on youth player wages via the free agents pool, but given time i feel it will, well that & the money changes currently being tested will hopefully help out as well.

I am currently going through the challenges so i can get the mascot i really want 600k reward points required. The challenges do seem quite repetitive but do give you something to do if you have no games to play rather than attempting to get a few friendlies. The Challenges i feel will be looked at down the line & extra content added which will surely benefit the game in the long term.

We are also changing over the NFA to the Hybrid Fa this season & hoping to run 16 team leagues 3x a season with 4 up 4 down per run. It could be a way of running the extreme divisions in live.
The old way of running the NFA was fun for those who played in it & most are sticking around to try this new format. Personally i am looking forward to it & all the new users we are hoping to gain will hopefully as well.

3 comments:

Rik said...

Nice one Nick. I'll still be stalking you, so don't worry :D

Nick Megarity said...

Hehe

as expected

Mark Phillips said...

He updated his blog finally.

Good read as ever Nick.