Sunday 8 February 2009

Football Manager Half Live

So i had qualified for the uffa gold cup last season through finishing 2nd in the sfa premiership,
Group stages drawn, decent enough opposition & thought i had no chance of progressing especially after my 1st game when i only managed a home draw with the weakest side in my group.But going into my final 2 group games i still was in with a shout of qualification, Just need 2 wins against a side ranked 30 places above me in the rankings & with a very impressive side.
2 hard fought wins later & I'm into the knockout stages.

Play my games in the knockout stages and get through to the quart finals. & was waiting for my opposition to win there last 16 tie & then play against me. NOW this is where it falls down, I played my game on Wednesday & Saturday comes still no further games played, I go to bed in the early hours of Sunday & sign back in just before 1pm to find out that all the unplayed gold cup matches had been auto resolved & i had gone out on away goals !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i find this unfair as i had played my games & given myself plenty of time to play the quarter final matches.Yet through no fault of my own ( i hadn't even been given ai rights) i had gone out of the BIGGEST comp the gameworld currently runs. Now i do understand the reason the auto resolve is used BUT would it not make more sense for it a few games at a time & give us chance of actually playing games (this is the object of the game).

No comments: